Thursday, September 28, 2006

memories
The DVD Club
I finally got a DVD player. I wanted to buy one right from my college days, and the desire got postponed due to lack of funds. I finally saved enough money to buy one. I got ideas galore from my friends and colleagues about the various models in the market and their various features. Most of them suggested a Sony DVD player, but the best things in life don't come cheap and so the Sony factor was overruled by the price factor. The next options were Philips and Samsung. I decided to experiment and visited various shops to compare prices and features.

I did some research and found out that the main component of the players would cost about Rs 650/-(I think its the disc reader), courtesy of my friends in Ritchie Street. So I decided to buy an assembled DVD player. It is MP-4 compatabile(Video form of an MP-3).

I paid Rs 2000/- for it. It is silver in colour and has the Samsung logo on it(Marketing Genius). What I like about my player are the LED lights that flash a myriad of colours when the player is in use.

I hope to start another series tiltled DVD reviews, that will carry a review of the movies that I watch on my player.

Cheers.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.