Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Black Friday

I got a chance to see a movie titled "Black Friday," it is based on a book of the same name and highlights the 1993 Bombay blasts, and the investigation of the Maharashtra police. I enjoyed reading the book a couple of months ago, and I was a bit apprehensive about seeing the movie, five minutes into the movie all my fears were laid to rest, as the drama unfolded on the screen.

There are no rumours and impersonations, real names and actual situations, the movie directed by Anurag Kashyap brings out the bare facts, the anger, and the frustration of Mumbai after the blasts. K.K. Menon as the police officer in charge of the investigation, Pavan Malhotra as Tiger Memon, and another T.V. actor who plays the role of Inspector Abhijeet in Sony's C.I.D.[I don't know his real name:)], perform brilliantly.

The movie shows how Tiger Memon plans the Mumbai bombings, with the help of Dawood Ibrahim and the I.S.I. of Pakistan. The psychological turmoil of the people who planted the bombs, their meticulous planning, and how they are caught, these are portrayed on screen.

Watch this movie.

I rate it ***/5.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.