Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Third Shift

It is two weeks now, since I have been working in the third shift or the night shift. The shift timing is from 10:30 P.M. to 6:30 A.M., the next day. No complaints, I just feel a bit sleepy between 12:30 and 1:30. The company provides a cab from Avadi for pick-up, there is free dinner, and early morning breakfast. I return home by 9:00 A.M., take a bath, have one solid meal, watch the news channels for thirty minutes and sleep till 6:00 P.M.

I get up a bit groggy-eyed, and freshen up, have some light tiffin, read for a while, and then it is back to the railway station, to board a train to reach Avadi. The cab-driver is a good chap, shy, nervous, and a big FM radio enthusiast. The cab picks up to more people on the way, and then we head to office making it by 10:20 P.M. Well that is my life for you.

By the way will have to come to work on August 15, I remember attending Maths special class in high-school on August 15, but this, well everything has to start some day or the other right; anyway the company does provide double wages for working on a holiday; so no complaints.

People the exam fever has hit me again, I am performing miserably in my assessments at office, and I am worried like anything. I thought my exam phobia would end with school, but somehow it keeps returning to haunt me in some way or the other. Have to get a grip on myself and stop being nervous.

Started reading "Life of Pi" it is Booker Prize winning book; will post a detailed review after I finish reading it. A team outing is on the cards, but there is a budgetary constraint, hence I am not sure if the trip will materialize.

Results of my M.A. Exams are yet to come, beginning to feel a bit edgy, hope I get good marks.

Cheers folks.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.