Friday, May 25, 2012

I have a Dream!

I have a dream,
Of a life,
That I can share with you.

Of being with you,
Through thick and thin,
Through every day of the rest of my life.

I keep trying,
To walk up to you,
And tell you - what you mean to me!

You said 'No' once,
When I gathered all my courage,
And shared my feelings!

It took a long time,
For me to win back,
Your smile!

I am scared,
If I ask once again,
I will lose you forever.

The smile on your lips,
The twinkle in your eyes,
And the joy that you bring.

I am scared that -
I would lose all -
Of this - forever.

So life goes on,
And my dreams,
Continue to remain just a dream!

3 comments:

Karen Xavier said...

Sigh... I wish Antonio could write poems like this. But even if he thinks of writing, I'm sure he'd write about cricket before me. You keep trying and writing buddy.

Ashwini C N said...

Wonderful. but, It is always better to ask and be rejected again, than to assume that we would be rejected. Nicely written.

mahesh said...

Thanks Kavitha and Ashwini - will do - will ask her again :) have some plans to surprise her - with a ring, a bouquet of flowers, and a box of chocolates and pop her the question :)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.