Monday, July 23, 2007

The week that was....

This is an experiment, every Monday I am going to write about things that happened to me, or had some impact on me in the previous week. Thursday saw big protests at Chennai Central suburban railway station. July 1, onwards a loony railway minister altered local train timings, which wreaked havoc on the common man's schedule; lots of protests and strikes led to a commuter-friendly train schedule.

On Thursday evening, commuters were left stranded as there were no trains for close to three hours, frustrated passengers squatted on the tracks and demanded an explanation, regarding why the trains were not running on time. Many people including my father could not return home on Thursday night and went back to their office/shop, slept there, returned home on Friday morning, took a bath, had breakfast, and then back to office.

I did not get my usual 4:25 train and had to take a day's casual leave. An extended weekend as it was my double off (Saturday and Sunday holidays). I had lots of work to do, arranging my books, writing some poetry, and watched some movies on dvd.

A RUDE SHOCK

Dvds that I buy for Rs 40 and Rs 50, from the footpath, work fine, but to my surprise and shock an original dvd that I bought from a reputed music store in Spencer's Plaza, did not work at all. I need to take it to them and find out if they will replace it.

POLITICS

Pratibha Patil has been elected as the first woman President of India. You know what that means?

One more puppet for Madam Sonia Gandhi, I guess all of you know who the other important puppet is:)

CRICKET

India face an uphill task and require 243 runs to win with 7 wickets in hand to defeat England in the first test match at Lords.

KIREEDOM

A great performance by Ajith and Rajkiran, but this lavish remake of Mohanlal's classic is most likely to bomb at the box office.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.