Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Public Enemies

I expected a lot from this movie.

A chance to see Christian Bale and Johnny Depp trying to outwit each other.

This is a movie which traces the history of notorious bank-robber John Dillinger and the story of how law-enforcer Purvis manages to trap him and kill him finally.

The movie was good from the cinematography and background music-score point of view. A couple of jail-breaks and chase sequences.

The movie was entertaining but the feeling that I did not get my money's worth continues to bother me.

Christian Bale was wooden while Depp was average.

The lady who plays Depp's love-interest has done a good job.

Sadly only a 2.5 star rating!

4 comments:

HandsomeRockus said...

Da, this is too much. You don't feel that this movie is worth your pirated DVD you got for 30 rupees??

Really tooo too much!!!

mahesh said...

Finally a comment from the Italian Mafia don himself:)

It was worth the pirated dvd's price.

But with all that acting talent available, the movie could have been even better.:)

HandsomeRockus said...

I saw this movie a few weeks ago. It was excellent and I loved every action sequences in the movie. Depp's acting was magnificent and Bale's stone-hearted cop was wonderful....

I loved that movie...

mahesh said...

Maybe I will get comments from the mafia don only if I write about Depp and Bale:)

People are different and opinions differ too.

Glad to know that u loved the movie.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.