Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Seven Days in God's Own Country

I left for Palakkad on May 31, 2008. I boarded the Alleppey Express at Chennai Central. it promptly left Chennai at 21:15. An uneventful night's journey and I landed at Palakkad at 6:15 A.M. on June 1, 2008. I stayed at an uncle's place. He has renovated his ancestral property and the house is built in the proper Kerala architectural style.

That evening I visited Palakkad town and the temples in the region. There is an old fort called Sultan Battery. It is connected with Tipu Sultan, the fort reminded me of the Vellore Fort.

The next day-June 2, 2008 was devoted to visiting my ancestral village-Thiruvilvamala. I visited the Vilvadrinathan Temple, Mannur Kaimathu Bhagavathy Temple, Parakottu Kaavu Bhagavathy Temple and the Sai Baba Temple.

To be continued......

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.