Monday, February 23, 2009

27






So here I am sitting in front of my computer in office. Taking a break from work typing this post. I turned 27 today. Nothing special just another day. The past year was full of varied experiences. A new job and a new office with a new work-profile and staying in a new house-albeit a rented one. One of the most tumultous years of my life as I realized-"It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

I realized that sometimes it is better to be silent when you realize that someone else has won a prize that you deserved. One does not win all the games that one participates.

A couple of phonecalls in the morning from relatives in other parts of the country wishing me on my birthday. Some messages from friends!

I still pine for a call at least a message from her. Have I become such an alien that I have been totally erased from her psyche. I don't know. Perhaps in this world at least from her point of view there can be no platonic friendship between a man and a woman.

Last year around this time my heart was up in the clouds! Today if there is a place below rock bottom-it has reached there.

If things go the way they are going now, by the time I type a post titled 28 I might be actually married.

Let me see what happens!

1 comment:

misty said...

you look so happy and fair since your birthday... dude, so why rock bottom and all that...
its the way life goes...
give yourself the biggest gift of ..... smiling heartily...
because u r a lucky single!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.