Friday, January 02, 2009

THE NEW YEAR

Well so officially in to the second day of the year 2009-things are pretty calm and quiet. The usual new year, get up in the morning, go to the temple, seek the blessings of your elders, have lunch. In a way it's good because I remember last year I had to go to office-this year I have the luxury of a holiday.

Read a couple of books and saw two movies-"Appaloosa" and "Beowulf and Grendel." Both movies were average the first one being a revisionist western with Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen and the second one being the fantasy/legend.

For the second year in a row I did not see a movie in a theatre on New Year's day.
We have just about settled in our new house. The neighbours are quiet and the street is a calm and silent one. There are lots of small kids who enjoy playing hide and seek. It is fun watching them.

The new year brings in lots of challenges and hopes. Around the same time last year I thought I was in love and was in the clouds. This year I have realized my folly and grown saner and realized that the affairs of the heart are best kept hidden to oneself. The way horoscopes are zipping around in couriers and through e-mail it seems that my whole extended family is conspiring and hellbent on inducting me into holy matrimony.

Well as they say-"Life is a box of chocolates, and you never know what you are going to get."

Wishing all of you a year filled with joy, strength, good health and prosperity.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.