Saturday, December 13, 2008

Comics....

It was just another Sunday afternoon and I had nothing better to do. So I took out some cartons from the attic and cleaned and dusted the books in them. I discovered a bunch of old comic books. It was like discovering a diamond. I quickly kept the remaining cartons aside and looked at my collection.

I was transported to my childhood days. Indrajal comics-Phantom, Mandrake, Flash Gordon, Tarzan and a host of other characters. I still remember the pleasure of searching for old comics with my uncle in second hand bookshops in Kolkatta. It was nostalgia all over again. I shut the door of my room, relaxed in my easy chair, and started reading my beloved Phantom comics.

Phantom was my favourite hero, this was before someone gifted me a Batman comic. Things and times may have changed but the sheer pace and intensity of the Phantom comics guaranteed 100% entertainment.

Today my 10 year old nephew has Jetix and all the Japanese animes for company. He does not know what he is missing.

Well times change and the tastes of a new generation may vary.
But I am sure all of us however old we may be still enjoy reading Indrajal and Amar Chitra Katha comics.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.